Micron is committed to environmental, health and safety (EHS) excellence as we pursue our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions.
We are committed to the protection of the environment, including pollution prevention, and providing an incident and injury-free workplace (Live Safe) for our team members, contractors and visitors. We believe all EHS injuries and incidents can be prevented and we collaborate with key stakeholders to attain this goal through risk evaluation and effective controls.
We do this by proactively setting strategic objectives that take into consideration our compliance obligations, our risks and opportunities, and the needs and expectations of our stakeholders as defined in the scope of our management system.
All Micron team members and contractors must uphold this policy. We hold our leaders, managers and supervisors responsible for conforming our operations to this policy.
- We comply with the law, other compliance obligations and Micron’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. We look to go beyond legal compliance where appropriate to demonstrate our commitment to the environment and people.
- We employ a systematic management approach (lifecycle) to minimize adverse EHS effects of our operations by reviewing our work environment, the equipment used in our workplace and materials incorporated into our products as well as considering their use, and end of life. This attention to our supply chain allows us to evaluate opportunities to eliminate health and safety hazards and reduce EHS effects at the earliest stages of planning and design.
- We encourage our team members and contractors to provide EHS enhancement suggestions, and we consider their suggestions in decision-making processes that affect EHS performance.
- We focus on continual improvement of our EHS management systems to enhance our EHS performance.
- Micron will provide the necessary investments, including resources and capital, to support and deliver our EHS commitments.
Chief Executive Officer